Friday, October 24, 2008

Ugh!

For those of you who don't know much about me I've been a hairstylist for 21 years and a mom for 8. I go to the salon only two days a week, and work the other 5 at home, doing mom stuff as I'm sure most of you moms do. I woke up today just kind of in a crappy mood. It could be from the last couple of nights sleep with a new kitten in the house, it could be allergies from the fall season, it could be pms...hell it could be all of it, and anything else my fuzzy mind can't come up with right now. I've been thinking that I might be just too nice, ya know how that can bite you in the butt? I agreed to be at work tomorrow....get this....for a client at 6:30 am! What was I thinking? Really? Do I want to get up at 4:45? Drive creepy dark secluded mountain roads for 45 minutes just for this client? I guess so. She is a great client, I see her every week for something or other, and I guess you could call her a pseudo friend, being that I don't really have any around here. She is going to be leaving for Hawaii tomorrow so maybe I'm just hoping she'll stick me in her luggage. I could use a vacation. My only saving grace is that I'm going to leave earlier than my usual 5:00pm so it could be worse I guess. I do love my job and enjoy the time I get to spend talking with people taller than my children. I love them and their pretty good conversationalist, but not on adult topics usually. I sometimes just wish I had a good girlfriend close by to be able to hang with on the days that it can be too much and you just need to take a break. Am I the only one who feels this way? Probably not, most do I'm sure, many don't admit it. On the bright side it is raining here in NC, we've needed it so bad it's crazy how below we are for the year, and last year was just as bad. Hopefully it will continue into the night and dampen down some of the dust that's been flying around. Well I'm done complaining for now, it's really not that bad I guess, other's have it much worse. I hope all have a great weekend. Love to you and yours.

4 comments:

DesertHen said...

I know just how you feel!! I had to get up early this morning to go clean house for our bosses wife....she asked me yesterday if I could give her a hand and before I really thought about it, I said sure....I forgot we had a Fall bookmobile event for the afternoon and I needed to make caremal apples. I love helping others out when they need a hand and bosses wife does pay me well for cleaning.....but today for some darn reason I felt like a doormat!! So I have felt crabby most of the day....oh well. You can come over and chat with me anytime you want....via blogger land or email......=) Glad you are getting some much needed rain. We have been very dry here as well. Drive safely tomorrow morning and have a good day.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yep, I know what you're talking about.

It seems harder to connect with people enough to make friends, when we're older. We have so many committments and we tend to be too busy and always interupted to even carry on anything but a rushed and trivial conversation.

If I still lived in SC, I'd be happy to drive up and hang out for an afternoon or weekend with you.
What part of NC are you in?

We used to live in Rock Hill, SC when my husband worked in Charlotte, NC.

Well, I think I'd also be slightly crabby knowing that my early riding client was going on a vacation to Hawaii, while I had to stay home and do the same old stuff. :P

Hang in there.

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

whoops. I meant to say 'early morning client'
Why I said 'riding'? I don't know. lol!

~Lisa

colleen said...

You said riding cause that's what we wish we were doing.lol.
I'm in Western NC west of Asheville about and hour. It does seems harder to make friends as we get a little older. Of course I've only lived here 12 years, came from FL, and the locals can sometimes be a little distant to transplanted people like me. Small town mentality ya know.