Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 10 and I'm Feeling Fine!

I have had a few days that I just wasn't feeling all that great.  Bloated with gas that just pushed on my pouch and made me miserable and not want to drink anything.  What was causing this?
 
I had a brain fart and figured out that the skim milk I was drinking was what my problem was.  My body just couldn't break down the lactose in it.  Send hubby to the store for Lactaid milk and problem solved.  I feel like a new person.  I got out today and visited with the girls at the shop, and got my color done, and felt like part of the living again.
 
When I got home my new Medical ID bracelet was waiting for me.  As a gastric bypass post op there are some things that people need to know if they are going to treat you in an accident or emergency.  You cannot have Nsaids, sugars, and blind NG tubes.  Your tummy is much smaller and if they blindly shove a tube down there they could pretty much blow it up.
 
Now being that I'm going to try and be a fashionable woman when I'm smaller I didn't want any 'old medic bracelet.  I found Laurens Hope . They have all kinds of different bracelets and charms.  I put in my order and here it is.
 
 
 
 
 
DSCN2830



all bracelets come with the "hope" charm
and I added my butterfly
as I feel like
a fat fuzzy caterpillar
changing
into a beautiful butterfly



DSCN2831

3 comments:

5 Starr's Farm said...

Good to hear your out and about and feeling better.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my goodness!! I missed your surgery! I've been trying to get over here several times over the past week and kept getting bounced out by Internet Explorer and Blogger. Oy! So frustrating!

But I'm here. I hope you forgive me, my friend. I'm so pleased that the surgery seemed to have gone off without a hitch and you are OK. Whew!

((((hugs)))
~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh yes! Your new medi bracelet is so pretty and I love the symbolic meaning behind the butterfly, too.

~Lisa