Monday, June 15, 2009

The Biltmore House...The Green House

The Conservatory...the building in this picture, houses both cool and hot houses. So many different types of plants that I didn't know what to do with myself. I will have to go back one of these days and spend the day in there.
How small my DH and DS
look standing in front of it.
They had alot of these terra cotta pots
just filled with stuff.
They also used the broken ones
filling in places along the steps
and filling in with plants.
forgot to get a pic of it
though.
lily
hydrangea
have no clue
some sort of cactus
kind of creeps me out as it
looks like a spider...ewwww
pretty leaves on this plant
reminds me of a pineapple
don't know what it is
but it's beautiful
Tomorrow I'll be posting the different types of orchids they had. I tried to get pics of every type they had. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great photos. So many different plants. I like that photo of your DS and DH.

~Lisa

DesertHen said...

The building must be huge for your DH and DS to look so small! That spider looking plant is very creepy! Reminds me of something you would see in a scary movie or scifi movie.....icky! The rest of the flowers and plants are lovely though.