Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 5 Post Op

Today I seem to be able to move a little better than yesterday.  I have to make a bit of an effort later to take a slow walk on the tredmill. 

My DH has been a godsend, he's done laundry, cooked and managed the boys pretty well.  He did say he's really glad he has to go back to work tomorrow though.  Gave him a little taste of what life is like for me on a daily basis.  He's never been one to have the most patience in the world, and this has been good for him I think.

I will be on my own tomorrow for the first time.  Not a problem other than I am completely sick of my own company.  I can't really get out and do anything just yet and cabin fever is setting in.  Hopefully after my drain is taken out I will be a bit more mobile and get to get outside some.

4 comments:

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hang in there......."You'll do fine"

Fredda said...

Believe it or not, walking is the best to help get rid of the gas!
Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep your spirits up!

Ed said...

Yaay, keep it up, I drove through your neck of the woods on US74 to Cleveland Tennessee friday night in my truck and trailer and won't be doing that again anytime soon..:-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yep, my hubby got the same dose of Mommy homemaker reality after I had my ACL surgery. Except he had to run the house and take care of the kids for several MONTHS. hah!
It was good for him, for sure. Me, not so much. I had to learn to let go of my expectations big time. lol!

I wish we lived closer, I'd love to come visit, play cards, sit and talk and laugh...gently.

~Lisa