Friday, July 23, 2010

Am I Crazy or What?!

I was out taking pics at the in-laws and on the way down the mountain I decided to grab some shots of the bees that are nice enough to supply us in honey every year.

They are brought over by a guy we of course call "The Bee Man".  He brings them every year for a few months of the flowering season and then is nice enough to give us some of the wonderful amber gold.

As it happens I'm not frightened of bees.  I figure if I leave them alone, they'll leave me alone.  I just calmly walked up and took the pics.  It probably helped that is was close to bed time for the little critters.  I'm happy to say I came out sting free...



DSC_2381


DSC_2387


DSC_2385

DSC_2386

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those photos are incredible! I would have been so nervous around so many bees. Oh but the honey is so worth it. Lucky you!


~Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW! these are great shots. What flavor honey do you get?

Ed said...

Very cool, you can hear the buzzing in the pic..:-)