Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weekly Update

There hasn't been alot of change this week with my weight.  I've only lost another pound, but it's a pound in the right direction.  I had a couple bad days where I fluctuated up and down a few and I got upset.  I know it's not smart to get on the scales everyday, but I can't seem to help myself.

This week I've taken to writing down everything I eat and measuring it, along with calorie count and such.  When you have to answer to yourself and write it down it makes you think alot about your choices of food.

Working out is going well.  I try for 30 minutes at least 4 days a week, and I've noticed that I can bump up the speed and still feel good, not completely out of breath or anything.  It makes me feel alot better too when I'm done.

One thing that I started today is talking to my future self.... I have a Flip camera and I took it outside and recorded myself basically talking to my future self.  Why I am doing this and when I have bad days I can look back and listen to my fat self  and remember how exactly I felt being that way.  That I am making progress and it's for a good reason and I don't want to ever be that person again.  It's a bit hard, all the self reflection and looking inward, expressing my feeling verbally to myself is difficult.  I'm doing it though.

I go for my eval on Thursday next week, so I will update then....

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like you are doing just what you need to do. This will all make sense and be helpful as you travel along your journey.

Thinking of you,
~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

A pound is a pound..sending good thoughts:)