Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Work Problems...

The last couple of weeks at work have been full of drama and stress.  Our boss is slowly losing her ass on  just about everything, being as she can't manage money for anything.  She's behind in taxes, hence they froze her accounts, she's behind in rent, by several months, and has generally been bitchy.

Last pay period she had to borrow money to pay us, which pissed off a couple of girls and they quit.  I can't blame them really, if you're not sure you're going to get paid, find someplace that will.  They went to a nearby salon owned by a woman who used to work with us.  She does booth rental.  Much less stress that way, you come and go as you please, you're the boss of yourself.

I have been contemplating going there too.  I'm not a person who likes to move around. I've been a stylist for 22 years and I've worked only 5 places. The last two of which was for the last 18 years or so.  The only problem, I've never done booth rental, always commission.  I'm not sure what's involved with it, and it freaks me out just a little bit.

Thankfully we don't depend on my income.  I don't have outstanding debt, but I do like the little bit I make to pay things like the car insurance, and homeowners insurance, and stuff for myself.  I'm afraid that I will be making less money, might lose some clients and all that stuff.

I may stop by tomorrow and talk with the owner of the new place and see if we can maybe work something out. I only work 2 days a week right now.

Sometimes being an adult is the pits. Ya know?

No comments: